Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Quiche Tartlettes

I started making quiches years ago when I needed to figure out a good brunch dish to make that was delicious but  could also be prepared the night before and not having to stand  in front of the kitchen while the guests are arriving.  It turned out that Quiche was a perfect dish to have for brunch, lunch or dinner.  And now it is a great potluck dish as well.  But when doing it for a potluck I always make it to tartlettes so it is easy to server or have as a appetizer. Everybody loves them and always wondering what I put in them.  I found the secret – Dijon mustard!

If you do not want to do Tarlettes here is the full Quiche recipe.

Print Recipe

1tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Pepper

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350F.

Galette Dough:
Using a food processor add the flour, sugar and salt together and pulse. Then cut butter into flour mixture and pulse again until the butter is completely incorporated. Add ice water and continue to pulse until mixture comes together to form a mass.

Add more ice water if necessary, one tablespoon at a time. Gently form mass into a ball and divide into two equal pieces. Shape each piece into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap and chill for at least 30 minutes and as long as overnight. (Dough can be frozen, too.)

Filling:
Prepare mushroom, bacon with nutmeg, basil, and salt and pepper on a frying pan. Once the bacon is nice and brown put it all into a bowl. Then add Dijon mustard and set aside.

In a separate bowl mix together eggs, cream and nutmeg and set aside.

To Assemble:
On a lightly floured work surface, roll one dough ball out. Then take a round cookie cutter or glass and make circles out of the dough. Enough to make 12 of them and add them to the tartlette pan. Then do the same with the other dough ball.

Once you have the dough in the tartlette pan add about 1 tsp of the bacon/mushroom combo into each tartlette. Then sprinkle with some parmigiano cheese. Then pour in the egg/cream mixture to the top of the tartlette. It’s OK if it spills over.

Repeat until you have done this to all your tartlettes.

Bake 20-25 minutes until top is golden. Let cool on wire rack for 10 minutes.

Enjoy!

Pin It

27 Responses to “Quiche Tartlettes”

1. 1

Mary — September 21, 2010 @ 8:30 am

This is a lovely recipe for a vary versatile dish. The tartlettes are a wonderful way to serve quiche. I love the savories you’ve added to the custard. I’ve not seen basil used before. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings…Mary

• Delishhh replied: — October 6th, 2010 @ 10:16 am

Mary, Nice to see you here. I love your blog. I always use basil in my quiche just think it gives a great flavor. But dijon is the key still. Hope to see you soon again.

2. 2

Matpolisen — September 21, 2010 @ 10:04 am

Quiche har fått förtjäna sin plats här i köket genom lång och trogen tjänst.

• Delishhh replied: — October 6th, 2010 @ 10:16 am

Hej, vad hande med din blogg? Den var sa trevlig.

3. 3

Sarah from 20somethingcupcakes — September 21, 2010 @ 12:47 pm

So adorable! I love anything mini, and these are no exception. I’m so making these for my next brunch.

• Delishhh replied: — October 6th, 2010 @ 10:17 am

Sarah, thank you for stopping by. I am with you. Mini is so much more fun to make too :). Let me know how they turn out. Do you have some other great “mini” ideas?

4. 4

Maddie — September 21, 2010 @ 2:11 pm

Cute cute cute! The only thing I dislike about miniature foods is that it’s so easy to think “it’s okay, they’re small!” and then eat a ridiculous amount of them.

Voted for you at Project Food Blog, btw!

• Delishhh replied: — October 11th, 2010 @ 12:18 pm

Maddie – Ohh i totally agree on minature food, you do end up eating more :). Thanks for the vote but i am out of the competition now.

5. 5

Juliana — September 21, 2010 @ 2:24 pm

These little bite size quiche are so cute and I am sure that they taste ad good as they look 🙂

• Delishhh replied: — October 11th, 2010 @ 12:19 pm

Juliana – Ohh i am a huge Quiche fan and the smaller ones are just so much more fun to eat 🙂

6. 6

Privet and Holly — September 21, 2010 @ 4:27 pm

Mmm, the basil addition
    sounds wonderful and
    I think these would look
    pretty for a brunch! Also
    great to make ahead and
    freeze for quick breakfasts
    before the school bus arrives : )
    I’m usually a bit scared of
    making crusts but this looks
    fairly simple…..
    xx Suzanne

• Delishhh replied: — October 20th, 2010 @ 6:24 pm

Suzanne – You know this crust here is bullet proof. It is soooo easy. I have never tried to freeze these but that is a great idea, i need to try it for myself 🙂

7. 7

Carrie — September 21, 2010 @ 4:54 pm

The wedding I went to this past weekend had a breakfast reception with 20 some odd quiches, every one a different kind. And the bride made them herself, intense. I’m thinking though that this would have been a better idea, easier to serve.

• Delishhh replied: — November 28th, 2010 @ 11:37 pm

Carrie – OMG i couldn’t imagine all the stuff one has to do for the wedding and then cook quiches on top of that. Sounds crazy. Hopefully they were good 🙂

8. 8

Cathy — September 22, 2010 @ 6:10 am

Yum! Making these soon!

• Delishhh replied: — November 28th, 2010 @ 11:47 pm

Cathy – thanks for stopping by. Did you ever make the Quiche tartlettes? I am wondering how it went.

9. 9

sophia — September 23, 2010 @ 1:15 am

Oh that looks delightful!! I wish I can pop several into my mouth right now!

• Delishhh replied: — November 29th, 2010 @ 12:01 am

Sophie – Nice to see you here. Hope to see you soon again. I love your blog and all the Asian food you feature. I think i have told you before that i used to live in S. Korea.

10. 10

Wizzythestick — September 25, 2010 @ 5:23 am

These are positively addictive:-)

• Delishhh replied: — November 29th, 2010 @ 10:57 am

Wizzythestick – Love your blog, your pictures are fabulous. Hope to see you here soon again.

11. 11

Stitchfork — November 29, 2010 @ 7:29 pm

Yes, and they were good! But shhhhhhh, we took a shortcut and used premade pie crust.

12. 12

Asparagus Dip — Delishhh — January 25, 2011 @ 9:11 pm

[…] Party Food: Guacamole Chicken Wings Quiche Tartlettes Roquamole If you enjoyed this post, I’d truly appreciate a Comment, Tweet, Stumble, […]

13. 13

Delishhh » Peperone for your Antipasto – Marinated Baby Sweet Peppers — February 11, 2012 @ 10:46 pm

[…] Red Beets Guacamole Quiche Tartlettes Croutons Posted by Delishhh on January 11, 2011 3 Comments »   You […]

14. 14

Delishhh » Roquamole — February 11, 2012 @ 10:49 pm

[…] Party Food: Guacamole Chicken Wings Quiche Tartlettes Vietnamese Spring Rolls Posted by Delishhh on January 23, 2011 23 Comments » […]

15. 15

420 college — May 7, 2012 @ 11:16 am

420 College is the premier medical marijuana school in California. We’ve been helping people find a new career in America’s most exciting new medical marijuana industry since March of 2009

16. 16

Hayden Wiland — January 4, 2015 @ 8:03 am

Hi there, simply changed into alert to your weblog via Google, and located that it’s truly informative. I’m going to be careful for brussels. I will be grateful in the event you proceed this in future. Lots of folks might be benefited out of your writing. Cheers!|

17. 17